There is no other place I’d rather be than teaching and learning with my girls. The freedom that comes with homeschooling allows me to pursue opportunities to travel and learn as much as we can while experiencing things first hand! Welcome to our blog about planning our next big adventure, the Lewis and Clark Trail! The three of us girls plan on a 40+ day adventure of learning all we can about the biology, botany, geography, geology, economics, and civics (and more) associated with the Corps of Discovery journey of 1804-1806. Join us on our journey!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Saving and Raising Money

One of the most important questions, how would I be able to save enough money?

We would need to make a strict savings plan and explore the possibility of finding sponsors or some sort of funding. 

Starting now, a full two years before we plan to travel, I should be able to accumulate the money and resources necessary for a trip of this scope.  I would like to save $8,000.  It is more than Options A and B on my budget, but I will also need to use some of the money for buying teaching materials and travel books, as well as for other expenses.

(To save $8,000 over 26 months, I would need to put aside $308/month.  Wow, that is like an additional car payment)

I would love the opportunity to get people/businesses to sponsor this adventure.  I don't know exactly how you go about doing that, but I'm going to try.  I would also enjoy writing about our adventures (since I'm going to do that anyways of course), but I would like to write about it for a magazine or online something or other.  ~Maybe even write a book?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment