There is no other place I’d rather be than teaching and learning with my girls. The freedom that comes with homeschooling allows me to pursue opportunities to travel and learn as much as we can while experiencing things first hand! Welcome to our blog about planning our next big adventure, the Lewis and Clark Trail! The three of us girls plan on a 40+ day adventure of learning all we can about the biology, botany, geography, geology, economics, and civics (and more) associated with the Corps of Discovery journey of 1804-1806. Join us on our journey!

Monday, January 21, 2013

How Long Will it Take?

The first question I asked myself was how long will it take us to travel the length of the Lewis and Clark Trail (and to get to the start of the trail, since we are almost at the end already)

I think that it will take us about 40 days.  

I could shorten it up, but I want the chance to relax a bit and enjoy the experiences.  I would like to spend about a week to get there, with a couple day stop at Mt. Rushmore and Badlands National Park.  I would also like to stop and visit a few locations for my genealogy research. 

Traveling the trail itself, I want to leave plenty of time for playing and exploring and not drive 100+ miles every day.  

I am also estimating that once we get back to Missoula and Lolo Pass, that we come home for a few days so I can meet a work appointment, and then continue on the trail in Lewiston or Pasco.  Then I would like to spend a week or so between Astoria and Ilwaco.  

With the few days at home, the total time from start to finish would actually be more like 44-45 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment